Sunday 7 February 2016

Making rounding more interesting

Hi everyone!

Hope you're enjoying the weekend! 

We're doing rounding (whole numbers) in maths next week and I've been looking around for some resources that could be used to make it a little more interesting!

Then I came across these from ColoringSquared.com:


Rounding to the nearest 10:
Images from ColoringSquared.com


Rounding to the nearest 100:
Images from ColoringSquared.com
I know the children in my class will love these. It's great to see something more interesting than just numbers and arrows!

For anybody who's introducing rounding from the start, I found this video from MathCoachInteractive. I like the way it has the balance that tips to the left or right so the number slides - very visual!

Another great find that I'm going to be using is this rounding to 20 poem number line from Twinkl.
This hundred chart with arrows from Math-Aids.com could also be a handy visual aid for children:
Image from Math-Aids.com


If you have any other nice rounding activities that have worked for you, please comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment